These vegan pancakes are a huge hit in my family; not only are they delicious, but they’re filling and oh so good for you! I’ll usually double or triple up the recipe below and my kids will eat these straight for days. We like to throw a little almond butter on top of them, some apple pie filling from here and you’ve got a delicious, nutritious breakfast that your family is going to love.
- 1/8 C ground chia seeds
- 1/2 C ground oats
- 1/4 C whole oats
- 2 C gluten free flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 C hemp milk, or preferred milk alternative
- 2–3.2oz. packets of cinnamon apple sauce
- 4 Tbsp. melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 5-8 drops of liquid stevia
- a swirl of honey
- Measure out your chia seeds and oats, grind up in food processor until the mixture resembles a flour. Be sure to reserve the extra 1/4 C of oats to mix into the batter and NOT to grind up in the food processor.
- Combine the ground mixture with the whole oats, gluten free flour, baking powder and salt. Gently whisk ingredients until they are fully combined.
- Stir in the hemp milk, cinnamon apple sauces, vegan butter, spices, stevia and honey.
- Coat a skillet or square pancake skillet with coconut oil, and heat the pan over medium heat. Pour desired amounts of batter onto the pan allowing the pancakes to cook for about 2-3 mins before flipping them over. Allow the second side to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and then serve warm.
*** Once the pancakes have cooled you can store them in a ziplock bag or glass container in the freezer, and enjoy them at will.
Now that I’m drooling and starving, I think that I’ll go see what I have in my freezer. 😉