I die for this pasta!!! I can whip this up in about 10 mins and it’s a favorite for the whole family. I love all the veggies that I sneak into it and how my kids eat it up willingly each time. With it being so hot, I find myself craving more carbohydrates for energy. Sure, there are longer days to take into account, the endless running around with the kids, not to mention the bike rides, swimming, and hikes, so about once a week I just need an easy meal that fills me up. I switched our pasta to quinoa and brown rice pasta years ago and it was as easy as just switching brands. I hope that you all love this gluten free, high protein, veggie pasta as much as we do!
The Perfect Summer Pasta
- quinoa/brown rice pasta
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby kale
- 5-6 bell peppers chopped into bite size pieces
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- olive oil (1/4-1/3 of a cup) I usually just drizzle it and taste to see if I need more
- parsley chopped
- 2 lemons juiced
- sea salt
***Optional: red pepper flakes…yum! Parmesan cheese…why not?! Rotisserie Chicken meat…absolutely!
- Cook the pasta based on the directions provided on the box
- While pasta is cooking saute the olive oil, peppers, and garlic over med heat for about 5 mins. Be sure to stir it.
- Drain the pasta and add the pasta back into your pot.
- Add the lemon juice, parsley, sea salt, and sautéed pepper mix to your cooked pasta. Stir it all up and taste test it. Maybe you need more salt, a little more olive oil, more lemon or a dash of red pepper flakes.
- Enjoy your delicious, nutritious, 10 min meal!
I always put my leftover pasta into mason jars and eat it cold for lunch the following day. You’ll like it cold just as much as hot. If you have a BBQ to go to, make this pasta the night before and bring the pasta cold to your get together…so so good.
Happy Summer Friends!