Cookie Dough Bites
My dear friend Leanne (who needs to create her own cookbook) is always coming up with the best recipes and this new snack/dessert/breakfast is my family’s favorite. The clean ingredients give you a balanced source of energy that leaves you feeling full for a few hours, and I appreciate that my kids can eat them as a “treat” without crashing afterwards.
I’d suggest making 2-3 batches and freezing the extra cookies, since you will probably go through these guys quickly.
Cookie Dough Deliciousness
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 2/3 cup raw walnuts
- 2/3 cup raw oat flakes or quick oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs or mini dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
- Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
- Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls about 1 tbsp each (wet your hands if the dough is too sticky) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.