5 Steps to Happiness
5 Easy Steps for a Healthier, Happier You:
- Exercise 4 times a week and pick activities that you love. HIIT workouts can be very effective for people who are on a time crunch. Where as some people will prefer to hike, do yoga, or the pilates reformer.
- Drink warm lemon water with apple cider vinegar every morning. Flush out your system, burn extra calories, flatten your stomach and help to balance your pH, all with this one simple drink.
- Start a journal. Journal about your life, your dreams, your workouts, your diet…really anything that will help you tap into your “truth”. The truth where you live a life you like and one that brings you peace.
“As a human being related to all living beings we must first be related to ourselves. We cannot understand love and welcome others without first knowing and loving ourselves.” ~Jean Klein
- Take your supplements. Daily multivitamin, calcium/magnesium, fermented cod liver oil, probiotics, vitamin B, and vitamin C.
- Mindfully eat your food. Take the time to really process what you are eating. You should know where you food comes from, how it was processed and how it will nourish you. Before you eat ask yourself how this food will make you feel and if it will contribute to a healthier, happier you. Your nutrition should support your body collectively as a whole (your immune system, your digestive track, your energy, and your activity level.)
As with most things it is easier to take it one day at a time, so ease into your new program slowly. If you are new to exercising try to walk for about 10 minutes daily, maybe on your lunch break or after dinner. If your nutrition seems to be the problem then start by revamping one of your meals (start with breakfast) and work towards eating clean ALL day long.
Carry a huge water bottle around with you everywhere you go, so that you are constantly reminded to drink. Stay hydrated!
So much of what we eat is determined by our emotions and our lack of self love. Take the time to write in your journal about the triumphs of your day even if it’s something as simple as starting your day with drinking warm lemon water. Your small victories will amount to new habits, a new found respect for your body and to you achieving your goals.
Those who say that they will succeed do, so it is your choice! If you want something bad enough, then you have to work for it. Believe in yourself and remember that you only get one body; take care of it and live the life you deserve.